Wednesday, February 20, 2008

THE START


Well this is start to my first blog. I never thought in a million years that I, Kelly, would be blogging. But from what I read from other artists, this is a great way to get yourself out there and to be noticed.
I have been an artist since I was a child. I rember my first art show when I was in six grade. My featured piece was my very first oil panting of a large field with a barn in the distance. I painted it from the materials of a beginners art kit my father gave me that christmas. My inspiration was the many shows of Bob Ross that I watch on Sundays with my father. I received many compliments, from which, an artist soul was created.
I countinued my love of art throughout high school, where I continued to paint and discover the joy of ceramics. Even during the summers I would take an art class at a local studio. It was in my early twenties when I decided one day to tray out jewelry making. This idea came to me after one of my trip to the mall to buy a new outfit. I had decide to stop by the local craft store and pick up some beads to make a new necklace to match my new outfit. How great would that be.
After 4 or 5 shoping trips and 4 or 5 new pieces of jewelry, I realized what would I do with all the extra beads, so I just kept in making pieces. I loved making the pieces, trying new techniques and designs I saw on TV. After a while a small inventory started to build up, now it was time to try an sell. My mother informed me that her church was having a fall craft fair, what a great way to start selling.
Well it has been alomost 10 years and the craft fair scene has got very old. Last year I decide it was time to get off my butt and start selling my jewelry elsewhere. I have now set up website, www.colorscapedesigns.com, store on Etsy.com, and I am waiting for my first sale. I also started to market myself to local boutiques and I actually signed up for my very first jewelry class in metal smithing, which I am really enjoying.
So, I hope you enjoy reading about my journey.

No comments: